Tuesday, May 26, 2009

movie update

Last night I went and watched the last movie of the big four which were released the last few weeks. Terminator: Salvation, which I enjoyed, but do not need to go see it again. I thought the introduction of the human terminator who had a heart was a great idea and some of the stunts were pretty terrific.
My favorite of them all though is Star Trek - which I'm going to see again on Thursday. I give this one 4 stars. It moves quickly and although I have one friend who said shes not interested in seeing it because shes not a Trekkie, I don't think you need to be to enjoy this movie. Its done wonderfuly well.
Next I would place: Xmen: Wolverine 3 1/2 stars. This is well done, keeps moving well, and although I got a bit lost as who died and who lived at the end, I enjoyed it.
Then would come Terminator: Salvation 3 stars. As above, thought it was well done. Mind you I have always been a Christian Bale fan (especially since Batman Begins). He is definately a 'method' actor who truly gets into his part, whatever it is.
Finally rounding out the four is Angels and Demons only 2 1/2 stars. Something was missing in this movie. I could not quite put my finger on it. I had read the book several years ago so did not remember the whole story, but perhaps it was that the woman lead and Tom Hanks did not seem to have chemistry or what. But even though it was well done, as I've said something was missing.
Now, not sure when I will get back to the movies (except for Thursday night when I will once more sit through the dynamic Star Trek) it has been one way of recuperating and giving myself a treat (I do believe in treats). As the TV schedule is terrible now .... I am back to sitting outside with a book enjoying the sun.
Enjoy your time at the movies.
Norma.

Norma Cowie
250 490 0654
Email: norma@normacowie.com

No comments: