Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Movie Review - How to Train Your Dragon

On my last day in Edmonton I went to see "How To Train Your Dragon" in 3D. I enjoyed this animated movie a great deal. I thought it was wonderful entertainment. It was exactly what I needed after working all weekend at the Body Soul & Spirit Expo.
I thought the animation of the people and dragons really good, I liked the story line and the underlying thought of how we often react to people and situations without really understanding who and what they are.
I also liked how the perceived 'underdog' - he who did not fit in - was in fact the one who did not want to kill dragons, but understand them. Oh yes, he hit the one dragon people did not know much about with his invention. That no one believed him is the usual response when one is different and has different ideas. Everyone made fun of him, his father, a huge viking, was the leader of the village and ashamed of him because he was different. The villagers fought the dragons when they came to take away their stock. They were all big, strong vikings, while our Hero was slight and small.
As the story unfolds, you get to see why they come, and that they actually have some redeeming qualities.
How to Train Your Dragon is worth seeing if you are looking for a nice tale of redemption for the underdog, or great animation, or just to relax, laugh, smile and perhaps shed a tear.
I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
Enjoy
Norma.
Norma Cowie
250 490 0654
Email: norma@normacowie.com

No comments: