Monday, June 07, 2010

Settling in back Home

I cannot believe it has been as long as it has since I last posted. Boy does time travel by fast when you are busy. As last reported, I got home with my new car and finally on Friday all the paper work was finally completed and I felt relaxed about the whole process. It had to have a few more fix ups done on it, and then some paperwork needed completing which took time. Thank goodness for Natalia in Calgary, who made sure it all came through just fine. So now my Jenny and me will get along just fine - especially as her trunk takes all my stuff for the Market on Saturdays (and the expos when the time comes for those).
Last Monday I arrived back from a weekend in Regina taking Level 2 of the Yuen Method. I was also visiting with my friend Joyce who I had not seen for nearly three years, so it was great in both directions. Joyce and I went and saw two movies (reviews coming up) and then Saturday and Sunday was spent in class which taxed my brain more than I liked. But Monday came, and I took Joyce on a road trip to Moose Jaw for lunch in a Thai Restaurant she liked and it was great and then we went shopping (what woman does not like that) and then I dropped her back home, picked up my bags and took my rental to the airport.
Now the journey becomes interesting. As you are aware, when you pick up a car they charge the day from the time you pick it up and that was 5pm. Although my plane did not leave until 7.40pm, I returned the car for 5pm, walked across the aisle (small airport) to check in saying to the woman behind the counter, "I'm really early". She replies "Good thing, because your plane is 3 hours late, and I'm going to see if I can reroute you". I stand there waiting, and then she says, (after she gets off the phone to report she is sending another person up). "Go up there right now and get on the plane". So I obeyed, went up and walked onto a flight for Calgary. Then I got off the Calgary plane and walked right on to a plane for Vancouver. So instead of waiting 3 hours plus and missing my connection back to Penticton, I spent the waiting time in Vancouver and got back home on time for my dear friend Jeanne to pick me up and deposit me at my home.
Tuesday morning arrived - now Tuesdays are my cleanse day and I don't book too much for myself that day anyway - but I woke up (after not a great sleep) and I just did not want to get out of bed. Now since I have been here in Penticton 3 years I have not had that feeling once. I was so tired, I just did not want to get up. So I took it really easy. Although Jeanne was back at 10.00am, to take me to pick up my car at the garage. We usually walk on Tuesdays but we both agreed not to that day. Thank goodness.
That tiredness has been slowly going through the week. My client load has not been too busy and I have slowly begun to get my house back in order. All the coming and going, and things have not got put away, I was five months behind in my bookkeeping (two months worth has been done now, and the other three months hopefully will be started today) and I'm taking it easy. Not getting myself too tired, going slowly day by day, doing what needs to be done and tackling a bit more before I'm tired again. So watching DVD's and movies help when my body just does not want to move to think.
Today the sun is shining, I feel so much better. This week will see me crossing into the energy line I'm sure.
Two neat things: Last night my son Rob gave me the date I pick up my granddaughter McKayla for three days - the first time she gets to come and stay by herself with me. I have her for three night --- yeah!
Also, I'm reading this most wonderful book which I picked up in the Airport on my way to Regina. Its absolutely phenomenally written SHANTARAM by Gregory David Roberts. I can only read a bit at a time, as his words are like pictures and rich and I seem to only able to assimilate a bit at a time. Its a thick book so I imagine it will take me another week or two to get through it. Today I read on page 632 "I'd lost...my closest friends in the same week, and with them I'd lost the mark on the psychic map that says "you are here". Personality and personal identity are in some ways like co-ordinates on the streetmap drawn by our intersecting relationships. We know who we are and we define what we are by references to the people we love and our reasons for loving them". See what I mean, words placed together like an artist. You have to stop and think about what has just been said after you have read certain thoughts. Although this book is written as a novel its based on his life and what a life ..... wow!
I totally recommend anyone who likes good literature with a phenomenal story read this book. When I've finished I'll probably reread it and truly mark some of the discourses on good and evil and life that are there, written up as discussions between people. Rich stuff. Sometimes you learn more from a novel than you do from anything else.
Well think that's all today....I have my movie reviews to do.
Love
Norma.
Norma Cowie
250 490 0654
Email: norma@normacowie.com

No comments: